WASHINGTON, D.C. (January 7, 2021) — Firearms coverage Coalition has released here statement after Congress today affirmed the Electoral faculty vote for President-choose Joe Biden and vp-opt for Kamala Harris:
As we have observed before, President-select Joe Biden and vp-select Kamala Harris symbolize a clear and existing hazard to liberty, freedom, the constitution, and the values that have made the usa the top of the line country on earth. Given the effects of the Georgia runoff election, anti-rights politicians and bureaucrats are set to handle the Congress, the White house, and the administrative state, including the rogue Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).
Biden and Harris have made it clear that their bad agenda contains extremely expansive and unconstitutional gun handle guidelines, and that they expect Congress to flow many new legal guidelines proscribing rights, behavior, and property. certainly, due to the fact that the 117th Congress turned into sworn in, many statist, anti-American gun control bills have already been brought.
in the coming months and years, the attacks on our basic rights and liberty is usually unprecedented, relentless, and lawless. From expanding categories of prohibited people and “pink flag” legal guidelines to “regular background checks,” bans on free speech and ‘3D’ printing technology, encryption bans, deplatforming, “Operation Choke point” and banking restrictions, new prohibitions and restrictions on firearms, magazines, ammunition, and other constitutionally blanketed arms, enlargement of the irrational country wide Firearms Act, laws to incarcerate lots extra americans each year, and, unluckily, lots, a lot greater. It is not hyperbole to assert that the Biden-Harris era can be probably the most challenging of our lifetimes.
despite the fact, as we have defined before, our primary rights do not come from the govt, the americans, or even the charter itself. Our appropriate to preserve and endure fingers exists with or with out authentic felony recognition of it, with or without judicial enforcement of it, and with or with no want for them to be exercised or respected.
FPC and our Grassroots military members are resolved to aggressively counter these unconstitutional and immoral proposed guidelines and unforgivable infringements of our herbal, human rights. Our FPC legislations team is steeled and ready to tackle crucial concerns and many new lawsuits. And we’re confident that, if we grasp quickly and work together, the right to preserve and bear arms—and our Republic—will suffer. FPC will proceed to fiercely execute our development approach, fight forward in keeping with philosophy and principles, safeguard and repair the rights and liberty of the people, and create a global of maximal individual liberty.
Firearms coverage Coalition (firearmspolicy.org) and its FPC law team are the nation’s next-generation advocates leading the second change litigation and analysis area, having lately filed two united states Supreme court petitions for certiorari (evaluation) (Folajtar v. attorney generic and Holloway v. lawyer established) and a few essential federal 2d change lawsuits, together with challenges to the State of Maryland’s ban on “assault weapons” (Bianchi v. Frosh), the State of Pennsylvania’s and Allegheny County’s carry restrictions (Cowey v. Mullen), Philadelphia’s Gun let Unit policies and practices (Fetsurka v. Outlaw), Pennsylvania’s ban on lift by using adults under 21 years of age (Lara v. Evanchick), California’s Handgun Ban and “Roster” laws (Renna v. Becerra), Maryland’s elevate ban (name v. Jones), New Jersey’s raise ban (Bennett v. Davis), long island metropolis’s raise ban (Greco v. ny city), the federal ban on the sale of handguns and handgun ammunition with the aid of federal firearm licensees (FFLs) to adults below 21 years of age (Reese v. BATFE), and others, with many extra situations being prepared today. To comply with these and other legal instances FPC is actively working on, seek advice from the felony action portion of FPC’s web site or comply with FPC on Instagram, Twitter, fb, YouTube.
FPC’s mission is to protect and guard constitutional rights—primarily the appropriate to maintain and endure hands—strengthen particular person liberty, and repair freedom through litigation and legal action, legislative and regulatory action, training, outreach, grassroots activism, and different programs. FPC law is the nation’s greatest public pastime legal crew concentrated on second amendment and adjacent basic rights together with freedom of speech and due technique, conducting litigation, research, scholarly publications, and amicus briefing, amongst other efforts. FPC is a 501(c)4 nonprofit company.
notice — advantage PLAINTIFFS crucial!
FPC is urgently looking for individual and FFL plaintiffs for a few complaints which are being organized to problem laws and guidelines that infringe on fundamental rights, together with (however not restrained to):
- legal guidelines and policies that steer clear of people from deciding to buy and/or possessing so-known as “assault weapons” (semi-automatic firearms with average qualities) and “excessive-capability” magazines (usual magazines that cling greater than 10 rounds)
- legal guidelines and guidelines that prevent adults over the age of 18 however beneath the age of 21 from purchasing handguns from FFLs
- legal guidelines and policies that stay away from adults over the age of 18 but below the age of 21 from carrying loaded handguns and different hands backyard of their home
- legal guidelines and policies that stay away from people from buying and/or possessing handguns and different palms without first acquiring a “buy permit”
- legal guidelines and guidelines that avoid individuals from acquiring or possessing firearms because of a conviction for a non-violent crime, or mental fitness adjudication that didn’t involve an involuntary dedication
- legal guidelines that evade honorably discharged veterans from buying or possessing firearms as a result of they’ve been categorized as “a mental faulty” as a result of the agency’s choice that they “lack the intellectual potential to contract or manipulate his or her own affairs” as a result of they want suggestions managing VA benefits and have a fiduciary
If a person you understand meets the standards above, or if you would be attracted to participating in litigation as a aiding FFL, please contact us: